Old August 28th 03, 01:49 PM
Diana Curtis

Youre only an outsider as long as you choose to stay outside with your nose
pressed to the window. There is no clique here, just groups waiting to be
joined.
Its kind of like an AA meeting, take what you need and leave the rest. This
isnt the only game in town ruffian. It may well be the best tho. Look around
online. www.about.com has a forum for quilters.
If you decide to stay here then perhaps you may want to learn how to filter
out the OT posts using your newsgroup readers filter functions.
Its wise advice since its very unlikely you will get the chatty ones of us
to stop talking. :-)
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"ruffian" wrote in message

Do we all have to tell our life's story on this group?
A little bit about sewing and quilting is enough.
DM

I don't think you are forced to tell anything ( or read anything) that

you
don't want to......

Flossy
Malvern England
***** Queen of Plaids ******
http://photos.yahoo.com/flossy3353

I agree w/Buddy and disagree w/Flossy. This NGrp is like looking in a
"junk drawer": You want to find something you hope is in there
somewhere, but you have to wade through a lot of stuff to find it. It
does no good to say "ignore everything there but what you're looking
for" We are human, yet almost as curious as our cats.

I'm new at quilting, get help here, and appreciate it. Some of the
"old hands" who know their craft well and willingly share their
experience also like to talk about a lot of other stuff with their

friends.

Some might respond that I'm paying the price of admission by being an
"outsider". Like a child: be seen if necessary, but not heard. Your
opinions don't count here. Power sometimes corrupts. I don't like it,
but it's "their" NGrp by sheer number of posts.

On balance, it's worth my time, since it's the only game in town. And
thanks for sharing information on quilting.