Old August 11th 11, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati, in Phx

Default Needing some tips about Dear Jane

Trish, the DJ software will automatically print the blocks at any size
you wish. No re-drafting needed!G
Also, doing 6" (finished) blocks will take a lot more fabric. Most
will need more than a 5" charm.
And double check the measurements And what your finished size will
be.
Have fun,
Pati, in Phx

n Aug 9, 7:10*pm, Trish Brown wrote:
Kate in MI wrote:
I'm working on mine right now! *I have found the software to be worth
its weight and price! I provides both templates and foundation piecing
patterns. A good many of the blocks can be foundation pieced which makes
it a point-perfect process. It also allows you to sort the blocks by
difficulty level -- which is nice. You could also resize the blocks to 6
inch blocks if you wish -- which makes them a little easier to work with
- but if you plan to make the exact quilt it would be huge! You could
start with the beginner blocks and work your way to the more difficult
blocks. You do not need the actual EQ software to run the Dear Jane
software. The software is $50 -- but if you split it -- you could print
the patterns to a PDF file and email the templates to each other. I
would be lost without it!

http://www.electricquilt.com/Shop/DearJane/DJ.asp

I'm drafting our blocks to be a bit larger (6½") and so I've started
from scratch in CorelDraw. It's easy and fun. Let's see if the 'ease and
fun' element remains after 225 blox!

http://www.keepsakequilting.com/prod...930S-FAT-QUART...

--
Trish Brown {|:-}