Old December 12th 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.misc
[email protected]

Default heat seal or glue?

I'm working on a project and need some advice. My goal is to find the
cheapest and easiest way to "laminate" two sheets of fabric together
with a sheet of netting sandwhiched in the middle.

Still with me?

For example..

I'll put a yard of ripstop nylon fabric on the table.

Then I'll lay a same size piece of netting down - similar to this but
made of small wire.. http://www.usnetting.com/HTML/all-purpose.html

Finally I'll put a second yard of ripstop nylon down.

Then I want to glue or heat seal all three layers together.

I can use any type of fabric but I'd like the finished product ( all
three layers fused together) to be somewhat water resistant. Also the
fusing method should be easy to do without an expensive machine.
Think epoxy cement or home clothes iron.

The best I can come up with on my own is to use :

Heat Sealable Oxford
200 Denier, 6.5oz/sq yd. This fabric has a special coating that makes
it possible to be heat-sealed, coated side to coated side, using a
household iron. Perfect for dry bags, spray skirts and all water
sports for which you need a waterproof bag.

Width: 58"
Colors: Nickel Gray, Yellow, Royal, Red, Fl. Orange, Black

$13.25/yd

The netting I'll be using will be thin and will form roughly 1inch by
1inch squares. It should be tough enough to withstand heat or
epoxy.

Anybody have any other ideas? If I used glue I'd be able to use
cheaper fabric.

Jay

..