Old January 16th 05, 01:00 AM
Wooly

I've got a bin just for sock yarn leftovers, and another for
everything else. I try to keep a ballband with non-sock yarn so that
I know who made the stuff and what's in it. I knit slippers out of
the not-socks leftover bin.

I just went and weighed the leftover sock yarn. WITHOUT the bin I'm
looking at approximately 10# of oddballs, mostly partial balls of
Opal. I haven't gotten desperate enough to mix and match, but since
I'm on a (yarn, fiber) diet this year I may do if I manage to get
through the new stuff in the stash.

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 19:07:55 GMT, spewed forth :

We had a very good thread on storing needles.

So how do people deal with those little balls of yarn left over from a
project? How do you store them? They do not fit in a file folder!