Old January 9th 04, 04:25 PM
Elizabeth Fusina

Rachel Janzen wrote:

But I have some questions. Does this project need any specialty threads?
From what I was reading on the blog
(http://www.whizgidget.blogspot.com/)
it is typically done on 28 count. Both of my bosses no longer work on 28
count. Can it be done on 14 count Aida (excuse me as I shudder - even the
Aida I work on tends to be 16 or 18 count)? Any help would be
appreciated before I go make a presentation to my bosses. :-)

I don't think it could be done on Aida at all, no matter the size. It
calls for three Caron threads, the rest is DMC or Anchor. I have it
kitted up, but not yet started, but as soon as I finish the two
christmas pieces I am going to use that set of scroll bars to do it on.

The reason for the plain weave is the various fancy stitches that it
uses, IIRC including satin, queen, rhodes, eyelet, and some others. It
could possibly be done, actually, but it would not be fun.

Elizabeth