Old August 15th 09, 07:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Default Anyone hate working with specific colors?

As a rule I try to avoid them.
I did make a pendant using some amethyst chips because they were the
only ones available to me at the time.

A few years ago on the group we had a contest for making something in a
colour we did not like. I made a beaded tassel. I was fortunate to win
the contest. The prize was donated by Kathy NV and her daughter pulled
the name out of the hat. The prize was 50 dollars but rather than try to
get cash to me I got some of Kandice Seeber's beads instead.

My dislike stems from a childish thing. During world war two when I was
at school. Everything was in short supply and the only paints they had
at school was the few basic primary colours. A violent purple was one. I
used to get a headache when using it. Never like it since.
Also if I put purple, mauve or violet coloured clothes on me I look
awful and sallow looking. Just not my colour.

I will not use it in embroidery either.
Hugs
Shirley

In message , Sterling
writes
Does that mean you never use purple shades in your designs??

Sterling

"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
Actually I hate purple, it makes me feel ill.
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk