Old August 14th 09, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_3_]

Default Anyone hate working with specific colors?

Hey, sounds lovely!! And the mother of the bride is wearing black?? Not
happy with the groom?? (G)

I was just messing around with some mint green pearls and silver chain and
made up a simple necklace to wear as an everyday thing. Problem is I rarely
wear jewellery, lol. But have been designing an Amazonite and pearl
necklace with brushed silver. The pacific opal bicones are a bit off on the
colour, so going to try something else. Got over to BeadFX and Dwyn helped
me out with the colour thing......thank goodness.

Remind me to tell you all one day about the *really bizarre* gypsy bride we
met up with in Portugal.....and her equally bizarre family. I thought she
was a hooker and didn't realize the desk clerk spoke english......bwa ha ha.
He was in stitches.

Night.....Heather in sweltering Toronto.

"Sterling" wrote in message
Heather,

Hey, at least with your wedding, everyone matched. Mine is a
bohemian/Cosmo type wedding. UUGH! They are even going to have a hookah
tent at the reception. UUGH!!

Redheads can wear red, they just have to be careful of the shades of red
they choose. Go on gurl, be daring!!

I ended up going "simplistic" as a method of design. It seemed the
easiest way to get red into the design and not look stupid. The problem
is that different red products are also different shades of red. I
ordered CZ garnet briolettes and Swarovski light Siam because the
Swarovski Siam and/or garnet is just too dark.

They wanted necklaces and earrings, so for the bridesmaids I did sterling
rolo chain choker length, with two long tails ending in garnet CZ
multi-faceted briolettes that hang down about 4 inches (one longer than
the other). Connecting the choker to the tails I used a light Siam 8mm
swarovski round crystal with two ornate bead caps. How simple can ya
get? hehehe The red colors of the CZ and the Swarovski's are just a bit
different: the CZ briolettes are not as dark as you'd think garnet would
be - which helped but the 8mm swarovski linking the choker to the tails is
far enough away from the briolette that the shade difference didn't
matter.

For the earrings, I used the same 8 mm Light Siam Swarovski crystal and
the two ornate bead caps, but added some dangly stuff to the bottom with
light Siam satin bicones. Light Siam satin is a tad darker than straight
light Siam... but it all worked out.

Heck, the bride and the mother of the bride got some great jewelry - fun
to design and create cause I got to use some of my favorite colors. The
bride's engagement ring is an Aquamarine, so I used different kinds of
aquamarine and pearls for her necklace and earrings. Mother of the bride
got peridot and colored pearls for her necklace and earrings cause she is
wearing a black dress.

Maybe I'll post the pics after I am done...

Sterling