Old June 24th 09, 05:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Jim

Default choosing tools for working jasper/chalcedony/quartz

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:00:20 -0700, sunrainor
discovered a keyboard and, for our
edification and amusement, submitted

As the machine is an all-in-one, you'd probably get the best deal by
purchsing the whole kit-and-kboodle. I've found in other cases that
add-ons tend to cost mopre when purchesed separately. I don't think
Don sells the units directly, but you'll get a fair deal from Kingsley
North. I don't know if their prices are the lowest, but they don't try
to cheat you, either. Google 'em and get a catalog!!

Jim

Thanks Jim, when I get to the point of purchasing one, may I ask you
for more specific advice on what parts to purchase?

And not sure how to do this, but I'd like to be able to tell people
what my stones actually are - from what I read, it's quite difficult
to actually pin down unless you are either an expert of can do some
tests...where does one look for help in this? We don't have 'rock
shops' in these parts - our regional university has a geology dept - I
will contact them for advice, but any other suggestions would be
welcome.

Finola

Blessed be, for sure...