Old July 5th 03, 03:43 PM
Stelios Zacharias

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 18:53:08 +0100, "Dominic Spencer"
wrote:

Possibly fill the barrel with sawdust and pots i.e.with pots evenly
dispersed in the sawdust. Pack the sawdust in reasonably well. Make some
holes around the sides and in the lid of the barrel (a metal lid of some
sort will be necessary), cover the top with a good number of knotted sheets
of newspaper to form a layer, and light these. When they have burned for a
few minutes, and the sawdust is going, put the lid on and leave for 24 - 48
hours. Check periodically to ensure it is still burning, and re-light if
necessary.

Your other option is to make a wood burning kiln out of house-bricks. You
will need some kiln shelves - but these are cheaper than an entire kiln. I
can look out some instructions on how to make such a kiln if you would
like - it's really not that hard, and it's great fun.

Let me know. Dom (England)

Both these ideas appeal to me.

I do not currently have a suitable barrel, but I can get my hands
on some house bricks and a garden in which to build (ok - so it
means driving the green pots about 300 km on bad roads to get to
it, but I would have a garden kiln.

Could you point me to instructions rather than digging them up? -
I don't want to be too much trouble for you.

Many thanks for the ideas and the encouragement.

Cheers,
Stelios

--

The address in the headers is real and does not need de-mungeing