Old January 4th 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry Starr

Default OT Read your bill

I always check my bill very carefully, and match it with my credit card
receipts, but sometimes "stuff" happens. We were on a trip one time, and
had bought gas, and the service station attendant ran it through 4 times!
We only had to pay for the 1 gas purchase. I do get irritated when the
credit card company calls me, and have me listen to a long list of charges
to confirm that I have actually made them. We just came back from a 12 day
trip to New Mexico, and I kept telling DH that I bet Mastercard would be
calling to make sure it was us. No calls, but let me use it 3 or 4 times in
one day at home, and they call every time! Discover card did call me one
time to tell me that someone had tried to purchase 2 computers, and 4 Dooney
& Burke bags with my card. They didn't authorize any of them, and they sent
us new Discover cards. It does pay to be careful.

Sherry Starr

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
If you do online shopping, pay very close attention to your bill. I just
took a hit for $1,200 worth of software. Me? Yeah, right . . . I'm the
one who's still learning to take pictures of my thumb with the telephone.
What on earth would I do with a $1,200 software package? Fortunately, my
nice credit card company also knew that such a purchase was highly
unlikely and slammed the credit card account shut. Unfortunately, I had
ordered a beautiful navy blue dress that was 70% off. Now it's no longer
available. (sigh). Read your bills very carefully. Polly