Old August 7th 03, 12:16 AM
Mike Firth

The security code requires that any glass within 40" of a lock be wired or
otherwise unbreakable. (section 1013.2) And locks on an egress door
(emergency exit in a fire) must be openable without special knowledge, i.e.
no key, no code, just a turn knob.

--
Mike Firth
Hot Glass Bits Furnace Working Website
"Sheellah" wrote in message
The problem with trying to do this, is that the glass is inserted into a
channel before the door is assembled, and then it's probably glued. It's a
shaker door style. They also have one where the glass in inside a mitered
frame. The doors are from IKEA, and they are that awful screened glass

with the
squares on it. Would love to put in a better glass. If their glass doors

can't
be taken apart, the other option is to buy a solid door, and route it out,

but
then I would need a matching trim piece in the same wood color.

Anyone take apart an IKEA glass kitchen door, and replace the glass?

Please
also e-mail me, if kind enough to respond. Thanks!