Old September 26th 07, 11:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Magic Mood Jeep

Default OT Microwave ovens

"Karen C in California" wrote in message
This morning's paper inquires "Do you remember the first time you saw a
microwave oven in action?"

Ooooh, ooooh, I do! At the New York Worlds Fair, one of the food
pavilions, you bought your food cold, and it had a sticker with a number
on it. You took it over to a bank of ovens, pushed number 1 for your hot
dog, and seconds later it came out hot. Or 1+1+1 = 3, and you pushed
number 3 to heat 3 hot dogs. We were just fascinated by it and made a
point of eating there at least once on each trip to the fair.

Amana Radarange, the first consumer microwave, is celebrating its 40th
anniversary. You can download a cookbook "Fast Food Redefined" at
www.Amana.com/cookbook

Heheh

My father splurged and bought my mother one of the Amana Radarranges - the
one with the touchpad! I think that was 1980??? I was 16! She still had it
and was still using it 3 years ago! And it still looked brand new! Alas,
she gave it away and bought a much smaller one (for one-tenth the price of
the Amana, I'll bet) as she was moving into an apartment, and there wasn't
room for that big thing!

I remember the (mis)trials with learning to cook with a microwave.....

But now, probably couldn't live without one!!!
--
http://www.firstgiving.com/nalee1131964
About my charity: