Old August 14th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Default Sapphire Machine Report

Hahah! I was the one who was totally stunned when I came on here and found
out people actually owned and used more than one sewing machine. I thought
they were like cars and you bought a new one and got rid of the old one.

I may still buy it just because I really liked it and I know I'd use it. I
just wish it was lighter.

Cindy

"IMS" wrote in message
I second Polly's sentiments. Ain't nothing like having two similar
'sister' machines in your sewing room. I have an older Viking 1+
(predecessor of the Designer series), and this past summer I purchased a
gently used Viking Rose. They both use the same snap on feet and the
same embroidery cards.

I can have my 1+ set up for regular sewing while my Rose is busy
embroidering. Or, have both of them embroiderying! There's nothing like
multi tasking -- DH tells me I'm running a sweat shop for sewing
machines LOL!

-Irene

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:01:38 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Cindy, you just might be thrilled to have 'almost' twin SMs. I looked at
new models for quite a while, decided the Bernina 155 was the one for me.
We've been great friends just instantly and although the 155 is sort of a
rare model, almost immediately I came upon a 2nd one at a very easy price.
So. I have twins here. There's no struggle with feet, needles or
remembering how they function. It is just simply decadent (really) to have
one loaded for one project and another rarin' to go if I take the notion to
swap projects. Twins is good. Twins are good. Go for it. Unless, of
course, you'll be spending the QI food budget or have to sit and hold the
Sapphire in your lap because there's no place to put her down. Polly

"teleflora" wrote in message
OK I really like this machine. The woman I went with ended up buying
one. The only reason I didn't is because it doesn't weigh much less than
my Designer SE.

If the Sapphire had been around when I bought the SE, that would be the
machine I would be using now. It has almost every feature that I love on
the SE and is about 1/5 the price. I think Ginger got it for $1,300.

The only think it didn't have that she was disappointed in was an auto
thread cutter. I never use it on the SE so that wouldn't bother me.

I want that machine, but I want it to weigh 5 pounds. Is that too much
to ask?

Ginger was very impressed with the harp space it had. Has a really long
free arm. The lights are great. Lots of stitches. My SE feet would all
fit.

I just don't see that I would be gaining anything.

Cindy

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
- Mae West