Old July 9th 03, 03:12 PM
Georgia

This was just too much of a challenge to pass up! I played around with the
clay for a little while, achieved a similar effect (if somewhat more
crudely), and thought, "How hard can it be to do a tutorial? I have a
digital camera... ." It took an evening to get all the pics and put the page
together. You all will have to let me know what information I didn't think
to include. I hope you will share your ideas on elaborating on Chryse's
clever technique.

Here's the link:
http://www.bead-designs.com/html/twistyplain.htm

Georgia Morgan

Chryse wrote:
I would love to do a tute, but I just don't have the time or resources
right now. I am sorry!! They are such fun to make.

No, I was not assuming anything from anyone, from picking up the clay
for the first time or someone who has clayed for 10 years would, or
would not, have the knowledge to make this from those pictures. I was
just sharing what I had managed to create and thought was a neat
effect. I don't know how to explain. But sounds like your strip idea
would be neat!