Old March 24th 17, 01:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy Spera

Default Post new pics

On 3/23/2017 6:16 PM, Violet Stitches wrote:

Another interesting medium is gold work. Comes expensive but is
difficult and challenging. Several of our Guild went to the UK and
took a course at Hampton Court with the Royal School of Needlework.

I read the blog of a lady who took flies to the UK regularly to take classes at the Royal School of Needlework. Here is entry with the goldwork she did:
http://www.theunbrokenthread.com/blo...work/goldwork/

Her stitching is truly gorgeous and I'd say it's a huge notch above your everyday hobby stitcher. She does a variety of stitching techniques in different mediums, and her blog entries make for some fascinating reading (even if you're only a lowly hobby stitcher like I am).

Oh so beautiful but I know I definitely don't have the patience.
The "lead" work on "How Great Thou Art" was enough for me.

Nancy