Old April 15th 09, 10:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default OT Can we have a roll call.

I'm jealous of all your flowers and blossoms. (Sigh).

It's pretty wild where we are, but we're only about five miles from
town (ten from the hospital), and the native corporations have put
money into hospital facilities, so we have good care for the size of
town (about 60,00 in the greater/greatest Fairbanks area).

Glad things are good for you in DC. It's not a place it would occur
to me to choose to live. But then, I only know what I hear on the
news.

Tina

On Apr 5, 6:48*pm, wrote:
On Apr 2, 7:52*pm, wrote:

Susan, it's great to hear from you again. *And I hope you're still
around.

Why did you move back to DC? *I hope it was a good move for you.

Isn't being a grandma fun! *I still have just the one. *Victoria is 8
now and is on a running team in Sacramento. *She's the only white girl
in on her team. *And she's great. *Fast, etc. *Of course, her dad is a
runner too. *Now that he's over 40, he's in the Master Class, and went
to Nationals last December. *She goes to Montessori, thank goodness.
She was being kept so far below her potential for her first half of
First Grade it almost wrecked her ability to study and behave!!!

I saw Sooz in Berkeley, last Spring, but didn't get to see her when I
was down for my daughter's wedding in Aug/Sept or to be with my mother
in December after her injury. *At 85 we still can't convince her to
take normal care of herself.

We're still getting temps around zero most nights, but the days are
warmer, it's beautifully sunny, and the pussy willows are *starting to
come out -- *the first flowers of spring; you should smell them.

Tina

Hey, Tina. *We moved back to DC after 11 years in an idyllic country
setting. *We started to have health issues (DH is 72), and the one
time
I called 911 (for what turned out to be no big deal), it took them 30
min.
to get out to us. *We just felt we were not in a good place to "Grow
Old'
in. * :-) * Also, I had just fixed up our condo in DC to re-rent, but
when
DH saw it he said it was "too nice" to rent out anymore! *Great
complement!
So back we came, and we've found the city to be much nicer and
friendlier
than before. *A nice bonus!

We're in the midst of our annual Cherry Blossom Festival, and the
cherry
trees at the Tidal Basin are AMAZING!!! *We've got a lot in our
neighborhood
too, so we're really enjoying watching Spring Sprung! * :-) *There are
daffodils,
forsythia, hyacinth, pansies, tulips, camelias, azaleas, Bradford
pears, etc. etc!
A really pretty spring here.

Yes, grandmotherhood is AWESOME! *I highly recommend it. * :-)

Beady hugs, Susan in DC