Old May 5th 04, 06:30 PM

permanent crease in knit collars

(Pogonip)
joy beeson wrote:
Since I don't want to wear them out, I put my spouse's shirts in the
dryer just long enough to get them hot, then dry them on hangers. =A0
I've never noticed a collar-creasing problem -- but he seldom has more
than three shirts at a time, so it may be that I've just been lucky.
Joy Beeson
---
Is anyone else lusting after that new Maytag "drying center"?
Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
---
No, not after all of the grief and expense the latest/greatest 'money
and water saving' Maytag model caused us. One problem, and a whole
circuit board must be replaced, over $300.00 at a whack. Three times for
this particular model. I live on tenterhooks should it go out again. H
has threatened to pitch it out the front door in such case, and I
offered to help.
A word of warning-- the repairman mentioned that Maytag tends to rush
new models into production without working out all of the kinks. The
model I have suffers from mold growth, simply because of the
construction. The water saving models are designed to hold a certain
amount of water in an area which you can't see-I can hear it sloshing
when I spin the barrel. This continuous moisture leads to mold and
mildew problems.
Another relatively small annoyance: it is impossible to dye or remove
dye from items properly in a water-saving Maytag. You need lots of
water, and agitating, and you just don't get either. Worth considering
if you do a lot of dyeing. I think public laundromats frown upon dye
usage in their machines. I've gotten the ole' stove-pot out and used it.
Cea