Old October 10th 06, 12:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
Leah

Default new to group

Hi again Judy,

Leah, Thanks..I am sure I was going to fast..I have had my machine 10
years too. But is has been in the box, waiting for me to retire..I
haven't messed with it this year..Been hand knitting and crocheting..But
I haven't given up..
Thanks again,

NP! I just hope I gave some useful advice. I really do enjoy my
machine now that I've learned some maintenance tricks and hope that
others do the same. You will be able to knit faster with it once the
carriage gets a little wear on the sticky spots. I know exactly where
my USM carriage sticks now and why, and I was considering using an
emery board to lightly file that edge, but just working it across the
bed has made that part loosen up enough I don't think it will be
necessary now. I did use the emery board on the mold spots on a set
of cheap Luxite crochet hooks because they were catching on the yarn,
and I didn't have any sandpaper available, so I used the rough side of
the nail file then the fine to smooth all those hooks, which I use
when going out in public, so I don't risk losing any of my better
hooks. I also hand knit (flat and circular) and crochet, and I think
each method of crafting has it's own charms and uses.

Leah