Old January 21st 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Ot about colors

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Just somebody here wondered if A/C did affect
color use inside the houses in warm climates?

Hubby and I are "old house people" and when we were looking for our
first home we narrowed the search to houses that were at least 100 years
old. You don't find much that predates the 1860's in the Atlanta area
(Sherman's march to the sea) but we still saw lots of lovely houses
dating from the Restoration Era on up. Most of the ones I saw that had
been restored to "original condition" had more pastel colors (peaches
and pinks and blues) but they did have some color. If you tour old
plantation homes in the south, in addition to pastel walls you will find
high ceilings (heat rises), and breeze ways (a long central hallway that
has a door on each end for cross ventilation). Just thought I'd
interupt the thread to share a little bit from another passion of mine