Old May 4th 11, 08:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

Default Another LQS Closing

I'm thinking maybe the proliferation of Yahoo groups and other social
networking groups has contributed to a decline here. There are forums
everywhere! The national quilters even have blogs where people can ask
questions. Wasn't RCTQ pretty much the only group back in the BBS days?
--
Kay Ahr in Reno/Sparks Nevada USA

"bvolman" wrote in message
I've been lurking here for many years. In the past many times a person
would post with the message that she was a new quilter and was looking for
information. That hasn't happened in a long time and I wonder if quilting
is in decline. Maybe that is why the shops are closing. The same thing is
happening here. Recently, the local Fabricland, comparable to Joanne's,
expanded its floor space and is selling a lot more material aimed at
quilters. However, the quality leaves something to be desired and the
prices are through the roof. I will keep driving right past their door and
a half hour down the road to get what I really want.
Larchie