Old March 18th 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Joy Beeson

Default HELP!!! CAN'T RAISE BOBBIN THREAD

On 16 Mar 2008 20:10:45 GMT,
(kater2345) wrote:

well I finally got the bobbin thread to raise by pressing the foot peddle
for about a second and that finally produced the loop and allowed me to
finish what I was working on. but now I have another question: do you
think something is wrong with the timing?? I received this as a Christmas
gift, of course still in the box and have only used it once before last
night. any suggestion??

Perhaps you were pulling the needle thread at the wrong angle? It's
awkward, in a side-threading machine, to pull the thread to the right
with your left hand while turning the handwheel with your right.

(Perhaps that's why all the new machines have front-threading needles?
More likely it's because tandem twin needles can't make pintucks. In
a front-threader, twin needles work side by side.)

Joy Beeson
--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/ -- sewing