Old March 16th 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Trish Brown

Default HELP!!! CAN'T RAISE BOBBIN THREAD

kater2345 wrote:

I have tried everything short of standing on my head and still can't
get the bobbin thread to raise. I have changed my needle, adjusted the
top thread tension both ways, re-threaded the machine many times,
changed bobbins and rethreaded it twice, and read the book cover to
cover.
any suggestions would be very helpful. I have a brand new (only used
once before now) Singer Inspiration 4220/4228. please help asap!!!!

Short of there being a mechanical problem with your machine, I can only
suggest that you make sure the two tails of thread are about four inches
long and *hang onto them* while you lower and raise the presser foot.
Perhaps they're getting pulled down into the bobbin case?

If that doesn't help, then post again and describe exactly what happens
when you try to raise the bobbin thread. Someone here will be able to
help. ;-D

--
Trish {|:-} Newcastle, NSW, Australia