Old April 23rd 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

Default Yarn Varieties

On 22 Apr 2007 22:58:08 -0700, Vintage Purls
wrote:

I supect my real problem is I'm too tight with money - I just can't
bring myself to pay $20+ (that's about US$15) for 100g of yarn!

I rarely spend that much on a single hank of yarn. I think my most
expensive single-hank purchase to date is a hank of Schaefer
laceweight silk, space-dyed and apparently colorfast. I have a hard
time producing wash-fast color on silk so I'm more than happy to pay
for other people's expertise in doing so.

You're not the only .au/.nz person I know who bemoans the lack of an
assortment of non-wool yarns in shops. As a wool snob myself I'd be
OK with a shop full of nothing but wool and wool/naturalfiber blend
yarns

If you haven't already done, drop an email to

benwool
AT
bendigo
DOT
net
DOT
au

No website, but the color cards are free, the yarn is of excellent
quality and they do offer at least one cotton line and one alpaca
line.