Old February 17th 04, 02:54 PM
Lee S. Billings

In article ,
says...

I had an inquiry a while
back, from a shopkeeper who wanted my beads for wholesale prices. I've
scoped out other US lampworkers, and am well aware that my beads are
already priced at or below wholesale, so I priced out the beads she was
interested in and told her that I would do a 30% discount on orders over
$300 (seems to be a popular discount!) and I never heard back from her.
That was before I raised my prices, about six months ago. I can respect
never having heard back from her... artisan lampwork probably didn't fit
into her budget. That was far more professional than if she had
contacted me again to complain about my prices!

Precisely. I've talked to a couple of lampworkers about wholesale, but so far
everyone's minimum order has been more than my budget will handle right now. So
they're in my "think about later" file. If the overage had been slim, I might
have tried a bit of bargaining, but I'm not really a haggler. g

Celine

--
Handmade jewelry at
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/starcat