Old February 17th 04, 01:02 PM
Karen_AZ

I'm not understanding what's offensive about my description. And I'm

also not understanding the other stuff... I think most glassworkers
turn glass into beads for a profit.

Lord, I hope so! As much as I love beadmaking, it IS a business for me and I
do expect to profit from it. Even if I were "just" a hobbyist, I'd still be
expecting to make my basic costs back. Same goes for jewelry. I've always
costed my pieces out so that I go somewhere beyond the break even
point....even all the way back in high school. When making jewelry from my
own beads, I realize I have an added advantage because the beads themselves
are 'below wholesale' for me. But I price them out at my usual wholesale
price so I'm not shooting myself in the wallet.

--
KarenK
www.desertdreameraz.com