Old December 9th 15, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Default Tumbler Quilt

wrote in message

Hello Barbara in Fl,
Awesome that you still have a 58 year old quilt. I know you treasure it.
Yes, mine is really colorful. I had brought charm and layer cake bundles.
The charms were ready to use so just had to cut the layer cakes into 4th's
then use my acrylic tumbler pattern to cut them. I love scrappy quilts
because they are so colorful. I use to watch my grandmother repair quilts
and comforters. Back then they didn't have charms or layer cakes but used
the family's old cloths and would cut out the still good parts. Wish I could
turn the clock back to those times again. Really miss my grandma. I never
learned to quilt until I was in my 30's.
Sandy$

Sandy I was so very fortunate to have known BOTH sets of Grandparents and I
learned so much from them! And even when I was growing up I
knew how lucky I was! I knew all their brothers & sisters and all their
family. Their were a LOT of family groups to visit
for Christmas and I loved it all!
Barbara