Old February 4th 09, 11:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Kris Krieger

Default cutting surface

"Terra" wrote in news:a9f11$4956b973$32566
@news.teranews.com:

I'm looking at a table made of a sheet of plywood for cutting on, 1"
thick and very hard, but I've been offered a formica bar countertop. It's
hard and smooth, plus even the smallest flakes and shards will come off
cleanly.
What are you guys using?

I use a cork-covered soft board; it's intended use is for push-pins, but I
lik eit for glass cutting - the cork holds the glass evenly, allowing small
cuts/delicate work. The cork also is tuightly-grained enough to wipe up
well, and does even bettr with an occasional vacuuming.

HTH