Old January 25th 04, 05:34 AM
C_Bowlin

Paula,

Thank you anyway. I am with the US Embassy in Romania, and it's not
that it is totally impossible for me to order the thread for just one
skein, it just takes three weeks to get to me. And then let's say I
try it out, decide what I need, order all the thread required, its
going to take another three weeks for that order to reach me. That
means six weeks of waiting before I can begin. Yes, my impatience to
start is showing. It was very sweet of you to offer. Thanks again.

(PaulaB) wrote in message . com...
If you like, send me your snail mail address and I can send you
snippets of both #5 and #8 pearl cotton. Would that help? Paula B.

(C_Bowlin) wrote in message . com...
Hello,

I just received a medival tapestry in blues and reds which I think
would look great in Perle Cotton thread. I plan on doing the
needlepoint in petite point by splitting the 10/20 penelope canvas. I
have just finished another tapestry using this same technique but
using DMC floss in which I used 4 strands of floss which worked well
before but did run a little thin near the end of the 18" long pieces I
was using. But I don't know whether I need to buy #5 or #8 Perle
Cotton. Does anyone know which size will be closest to the 4 strands
of regular floss that I used previously? I really need some help and
advice on this, because I have to order all the floss via the web at
once, and it will be non-returnable. Unfortunately, I can't see the
thread before I order it since it's not available where I am located.
Also, can anyone tell me whether they think the Perle cotton will look
good in a tapestry or will it be too shiny?

Thanks in advance for any advice and opinions!
c_bowlin