Old June 5th 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Default How do I setup a studio/workshop for Hydrofluoric Acid Etching?

"^TahirKanch^" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you! A person who has seen the results after HF etching would
never believe sandblasting would bring the same effect. It is totally
different I believe the texture, translucency and the polished finished
cannot be duplicated by any other method, well one could try to get the
best closest result but I am willing to bet it still won't be the same
thing.

Thanks everyone for all the good advices. But I stand with the same
determination I had before I started the discussion. I need to find how
to make a setup here that is compliant to all the regulation.

If anyone can please help me directions as how to setup an acid etching
facility and any equipment that's used in the setup, it would be a
great help.

Also I am still confused What is the equipment or setup that's OSHA
approved? Where can I find it?

I now understand there are no shortcuts in setting up an acid etching
facility. I am willing to spend the high dollars but I need all the
help or advise I can get as to how to 'efficiently design' that setup?

Thanks for all the comments folks. Please keep 'em coming.

The best people to ask, are the people that will do the inspecting and
regulating, they are gov'mnt officials and work for the taxpayer. If they
can not answer your questions, they will know the consultants to help do
things correctly and in compliance.

They can also keep an eye on your ass in case you are a terrorist intent on
poisoning our water supply!