Old April 29th 05, 07:53 PM
Jackdaw

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
7 years..thats not a long time. I know miracle mold is in my future. For
now Elasticlay will have to do. Just a little longer. I think when Meg is
in school Ill feel more comfortable working with it.
Do you recall how old your oldest MM mold is?
Diana

Sarajane Helm wrote:
you are welcome!

one thing about elasticlay---all my Elasticlay molds have turned hard as
rocks over the years. Many of the oldest (7-15 years) have hairline
cracks
throughout.

There are now silicon casting compounds out now that have a lot of
different harnesses and flexibility that have proved there worth over the
years. Here in the UK, I use Tiranti for a supplier. In the USA it will be
up to you to look around.
I have moulds using a silicon cold casting compound as good as they were
ten years ago. And if ever you want to branch into casting in low melting
point metals, these moulds can take it without deterioration.

--
Jackdaw collector of junk, trivia and bright twinkly things.