Old April 4th 05, 03:47 PM

i hope it's copper... but the year i was traveling up that way they
had a BIG long forest fire going on. also i hear that from global
warming, the glacier is almost gone. that's A LOT of ice to melt!

keep it alive in your minds eye!

see ya

steve

dkat wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
i wanted to do the similar - take home some clay - from my trip

thru
wyoming a few years back. a beautiful state. except no where did

see a spot that wouldn't be disrupted by my removal of some local

dirt.
so i didn't take any home...

that state has so much clay color that i would love to move there!

as a last resort i bought a knife that had various colors of wood
laminated togethere to aproximate the local clay strata to me.

put the state on your list if you've never been there!

see ya

steve

Agree. The northwest is one of the most spectacular parts of this

country.
Glacier National Park is one of the most amazing sites I have ever

seen. In
the 70's I traveled across country going from one national park to

the
next - Glacier is one that I can still see with my minds eye - a

river of
clear intensely turquoise water over red rock - a lot of copper do

you
think?