Old August 16th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

Default best fiber/yarn for a man's scarf?

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 02:32:13 GMT, "Mystified One"
spewed forth :

I have a friend with COPD who could probably use a good winter scarf. What
fiber or brand would you reccommend? I'd like this to be really special.

Jaggerspun Zephyr. 50/50 fine merino and wool. He can wear it under
something heftier and scratchier in really bad weather, or alone in
reasonablly cold but unwindy temps.

Cashmere. Any sort of 100% cashmere.

Polwarth/qiviut blend from http://www.minimills.net (they've changed
the website so I have no idea how you'll go about ordering from them,
but I used some of thisyarn for bedsocks and it is just amazing)

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...