Old April 8th 09, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Default Have you tried this?

Yeah....it's maturing on the UFO pile. But hey....the blocks were UFO's for
quite some time before that. It's making slow progress! VERY slow.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Great, Kathyl. I was wondering what to use for sky besides the obvious.
Somewhere here is a piece with stars - that will be good. Please tell me
that dazzling quilt is finished. You're not letting it languish as a UFO
are you? Polly

"KJ" wrote in message
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53918257zlhkre
If you look closely at this hodge podge of blocks, you will see some
wonky houses I made. It takes some planning to do this sort of piecing.
Like paper piecing, sometimes the pieces fail to do exactly what you
thought. Especially if you are trying to get a certain size block. And
you still need to sew straight lines, or it won't lie flat. But it
certainly gives a whimsical result that is fun.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
The quilting going on here has been much too serious. I just quilted
Silly Goose and the tedium of stitching around a zillion flying geese
just about bored me to death.
Next up, I think, needs to be something like what Quiltmaker March
April 09 calls 'free' piecing. Free? Yes. I like that. Scrappy too.
Have any of you tried the 'Learn Free Piecing' or 'Wonky Town' ?
Just wondered if any one had given this a try.
www.quiltmaker.com/issues/marchapril2009 Go look. Polly