Old February 6th 09, 02:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Wally

Default Polishing pads - name, mfgr...?

3M makes wonderful products, I even have a little 3M stock. But,
these (from Harbor Freight) are excellent quality at a very good
price. More comfortable shape to hold onto than the 3M pads.

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpis...+pad&Submit=Go

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 10:51:02 -0600, Kris Krieger
wrote:

Lauri Levanto wrote in
:

Kris Krieger wrote:
Hello,

I had seen some polishing pads, useful for buffing the edges of fused
glass & so on. The oduct is like a sponge, as the diamond-embedde
dpolishing pad on one side.

Can anyone tell me what they are called, or who makes them? I'm trying
to find out where to buy them, but it's dificult because I lack the
search info I need.

Thanks!

- Kris

There are several brands, each having several grades.
As far as I know they have no other name but
Diamond hand pads.

Some of them have the diamonds embedded in metal, others
have a resin bond. The metal bonded last longer.

You need a series, from coarse 120 grit to finer
2öö - 400 - 600 grit. Theu are used wet.

-lauri

Thank, Lauri, that led me to exactly what I was looking for - I kept using
the wrong search terms, such as "sponge" =:-o But you're right on target -
thanks again

- Kris