Old June 15th 04, 08:04 PM
Dawn

Metis Artist wrote:

I wanted to scult some door and window frame details, make a mold and then
cast them out of Creative paperclay. Does anyone know if this material will
dry in a rubber mould? Otherwise what would be a good material to cast in
that can also be sanded or modified. I heard that the paperclay adheres well
to wood surfaces.

I haven't tried it in a rubber mold because the texture of it seemed
pretty coarse for miniatures work. However, if the open side of the mold
was exposed I don't see why it wouldn't eventually dry. I have used
paperclay for free-form projects and it stuck very well to wood and
cardboard. The finished product was very rough afterward, though.

Dawn