Old January 4th 17, 10:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug[_3_]

Default 2017, should we try to revive the group?

Not much stitching for me since late October, when my data entry job speeds up for the holiday season but I have the second snow day of my life today so I'm hoping to spend the rest of it working on my Hawaiian Baby Sampler project (baby will be three in May) and watching the snow blobs fall off of the 60' fir trees! :-)

We've gotten more snow here in southern Oregon than we've had in decades. I parked my Volvo at the bottom of the driveway last night (½ mile away) and hiked home through the snow. :-) It was beautiful but not something I'd want to do all the time. Even though the main state highway through our area is plowed and open, the roads getting to and from that road are still in sad shape and, because of last night's snow on top of old snow, there are apparently branches down and power out throughout the area. Definitely not worth digging the car out of the snow to get onto a snowy, icy country road. And, if it gets as cold tonight as expected, the ride home would be icy. Sooooo, it's stitching for me today, once I balance the checkbook.

Happy Stitching! :-D

Liz from Humbug