Old December 12th 10, 12:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Default On topic: an author who "gets it"

On 12/11/2010 3:23 PM, Karen C in Calif wrote:
Susan Hartman wrote:

I read this paragraph this morning, and immediately smiled and re-read
it, and re-read it again. Perfection!

"It was one of the pinafores Saffy had sewn when Merry first arrived,
made from a lovely piece of Liberty fabric ordered years ago, not
because Saffy had a project in mind, but because it was simply too
beautiful not to possess. It had languished ever since in the sewing
cupboard, waiting patiently for Saffy to find it a purpose. And now
she had."

I think that needs to be issued to every husband of a
stitcher/seamstress on the planet.

I understood my SIL's MIL's need to own a wall full of fabric; her DH
didn't, and mine was placated by the notion that my stash was only a
fraction of hers. (Of course, she'd been collecting several decades
longer....)

There is a Young lady on the Quins auction. I recognized her user name,
but not the last name, and state. I questioned this and she sent this
response. It says it all! She got married.

""Gillian,
Thank you for the congratulations! I finally found one that understands
my stitching (his mom is a quilter!) and he doesn't complain about my
addiction.

He even understands how I have better friends on the Internet than in
real life. How we develop friendships, and all with each other,
especially stitchers and quilters.""

Isn't that cool????

That gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Gillian