Old October 18th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
patetc

Default Wanted--Pattern for V-Neck Top-Down Cardigan

Thanks for the suggestions. You've been very helpful. I think I can
proceed now!

Pat

On Oct 18, 9:34*am, suzee wrote:
patetc wrote:
The website and pattern generator looks good but I could only get a
pattern for a pullover, not a v-neck cardigan. *Maybe I was looking at
the wrong thing.

No that's the right site. The basic pattern is for a pullover, but you
can make a V neck cardigan with the same basic directions. The only
difference is you wouldn't join the neck sts and would subtract the
front sts to only allow 1 st for each front. Here's the directions for a
bolero type sweater, all you need to do is keep knitting the sleeves and
body until the length you want -http://www.thedietdiary.com/knittingfiend/Raglan/TopDownMiniRaglan.html
There's another tutorial here -http://www.knittingpureandsimple.com/knitalong.htmlthat explains the
basic construction. In this one you wouldn't cast on sts for the front
neck, but instead would do the increases along the front edge.

sue

On Oct 17, 10:38 pm, suzee wrote:
patetc wrote:
I'd like an easy pattern for a v-neck top-down cardigan, knit in one
piece if possible. *I also want to use size 10-1/2 needles and worsted
weight yarn.
Can anyone direct me to a pattern for this?
Thanks.
Pat
If you don't mind a raglan, there's pattern generators available atwww..knittingfool.comandthedietdiary.com/blog To make a V neck, you'd
only allocate one st for each front and increase along the edges every
other or every 4th row, depending on how deep a v you want.

sue- Hide quoted text -