Old December 14th 07, 03:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Rob Morley

Default Disaster

In article , Bob Masta
says...

In defense of "little" power tools, let me say that I have both a
Dremel and a die grinder (like a router stuffed into a
Dremel-on-steroids housing). The die grinder is fantastic
for when you really need to remove material (wood, etc), but
it takes 2 hands to use it.

I have an electric die grinder, and it's a bit of a handful. Air die
grinders are a lot less bulky, but you need a fairly big compressor to
power them. I find that you can do some fairly delicate work with a
bench grinder, but of course that relies on the workpiece being easy to
handle.