Old August 24th 05, 05:02 PM
Sara

Thank you so much Kate! I was getting all antsy wanting to make my pants
but too nervous to do the wrong thing.

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
Sara wrote:

Hi everyone! I hope someone can offer me some advice. I'm sewing a pair
of pants and it's my first try a a pattern that isn't one of the "easy"
ones. Here's the issue: my hips are one size smaller than my waist. Can
I just cut on the larger waistline and blend the pattern cutting lines
together?

Yes! I do this all the time, for both myself and customers. Make it a
nice smooth curve.

And check the rise measurement - but it should be OK.

And if that's so, then which crotchline should I use?

The one for the hip size you choose. But check it!

If I can't do that, then should I just rely on letting out the waistline
darts to make the waist bigger?

Nah... They tend to hang off line if you do that for a whole size,
because the balance is wrong.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!