Old July 4th 10, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzeeq

Default My new Knit Picks Options circular needle set and what I'm makingwith it

King's Crown wrote:
I really enjoy hearing about everything you're doing. Thanks for taking the
time. I just learned the cast on of which you speak near the bottom. My
knitting friend called it a chain cast on. Then she added, "I think." I'm
a very new knitter and I'm going to have to hunt down my knitting book and
look it up.

It's usually called the knit or knitted on cast on. It's loose and
stretchy, the cable CO is a little less stretchy - begin like the knit
CO, knit into the first loop and put the new st on the L needle. But
then, insert the R needle between the 2 sts (instead of into the first
one) and put the new loop on the L needle. Repeat. This can be too tight
if you pull on the yarn, don't pull on on it and it should come out
about right.