Old May 21st 10, 05:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Default Old sweaters make nice Felt

I've been wanting to do this... I have a friend that buys old wool sweaters
from the thrift store. *She felts them and then turns them into purses or
bags.

Lynne

Lynne , everyone can do it !!! my first ones happened by mistake , i
didn`t see a sweater that hid amongst some towels in the dirty clothes
bin...... it was a green sweater with Braids,,,,, after crying my eyes
out , i decided that i will use this , and cut a front of a vest ,
knitted the back and used the braids [which became relief braids ] for
embroidery and adding beads ..
If you make bags i advise to add a lining [ one can use old shirts or
any oldclothing you have ,,
mirjam