Old January 4th 04, 08:21 AM
ox

Default GARTER STITCH FABRIC!!

I just ordered USM online yesterday. I have no idea how good it'll
work, so I'll have to wait and see (good thing is it can be returned).

I bought this machine because I need to reduce my stash of yarns.

If you own a USM machine, would you mind answering to my questions?

1. Can it it GARTER stitch? (I have bunch of DK weight yarns that I
like to use on a garter stitch garment)

2. When I use it to knit very stretchy yarns, will the tension be
even? (I got tons of stretchy yarns that I just hate to knit with
hand.. my tension varies from one day to another)

3. Is it frustrating to use? (I heard rumors that stitches falls out a
lot and every time it happens I have to rip out the whole rows...??)

4. Any other USM accessories worth buying?

5. Can I use it to knit ribbon/eyelash yarns?

6. Can I easily knit selvedge stitch in the fabric?

7. What handknit stitches can't be done on the machine? (I don't think
the machine can knit entrelac.. what about mosaic? drop-stitch?
twisted stitch? fishermen's rib??)

8. Is the machine long lasting or breaks easily?

This is my first time here at this group. Even though I did a search,
I still can't find all the answers. So ANY comments from you regarding
the USM will be so greatly appreciateD!!

My email no longer works so please reply directly to the group than
you very much!!