Old November 24th 03, 09:05 AM
Marilee J. Layman

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 16:16:19 GMT, "Jim Caldwell"
wrote:

I am making 14 KT wire-wrap rings. It requires flat-nosed pliers that are
very small, and and need to have a soft material on the tips like nylon. I
got one from an internet jewelry supply that is the right size....4.5 mm
wide by 1 mm thick tips. Problem is, I have to wrap the tips with
electricians' tape...and it has to be re-wrapped about twice during the
course of making a ring. Rio Grande has one "small" flat-nosed plier with
nylon inserts, but the tips are about three or four times thicker, just too
big to use. Anyone know of a source for pliers that fit the bill?

Go to the hardware store and buy Plastidip or equivalent. You dip the
tips of the pliers into it, wait for it to harden, and the plastic
covering will last for a few weeks. It's very cheap and effective.

--
Marilee J. Layman