Old December 11th 09, 06:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Linda D.

Default Fingerless mitts

On Dec 10, 12:52*am, mirjam wrote:
I think I did what you mean Mirjam, and used the Knit-on cast on as
shown hehttp://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/cast-on

It looks much better than either the backwards loop cast on or cable
cast on. *No hole at all!

Thanks for the suggestions...Linda D. in B.C., Canada

Hallo Linda i looked atn the video , and it isn`t like i do it , i
really KNIT every new stich,,,, by this i gain a sort of nice start /
edge if you can find a book called
The Illustrated Dictionary of Knitting, by Rae, Compton, Interweave
Press, 1988, page 53 picture 86 , she calls it
The Two needle Chain edge method
try to google it maybe you will find it on line as well .
I do recommend having this book in you house !!!!!
mirjam

Hi Mirjam,

I haven't found the cast on you mention online yet, and I don't have
the book.

Is it what we call a Cable cast on, where you place your needle
between the stitches on the left needle, knit a stitch, twist it, and
transfer the stitch on to the left needle?
As shown he http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/cast-on

I often use a Cable cast on, but it didn't look very good on the
fingerless mitts, the knit on cast on worked out much better, and no
hole was created.

thanks, Linda D. in B.C., Canada