Old January 12th 14, 09:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug[_2_]

Default Hello again, ISO Fowl Play chart

I did something In my preferences back in autumn that made the words of the postings disappear and then started my seasonal job so haven't been around for months. Now that the season has ended (though, whoopee, I'm still being scheduled for a few days a week!) the words are back so I can read the postings again. :-)

Also back in autumn, I received a piece of Hopscotch Aida fabric that would be perfect for a picture of a chicken but the only Buff Orpington chart I could find is in a booklet called Fowl Play by Jeannette Crews that seems to be out of print. There is one on Ebay for $12 but I don't think the chart sold at that price when it was new and the one on EBay is used. Does anyone have this in their stash who would be willing to work a deal with me? It's not something I'm going to work on right away because it is down a ways on my list of things to do but . . .

In the mean time, I've ordered books at the library so I can design something for my NEXT baby great nephew, who will be born late this spring. :-) I used MLI's baby in a basket chart for the first one but would like to do something more Hawaiian for this one. My nephew is married to a beautiful (and wonderful, according to my sister) Hawaiian girl and both boys have Hawaiian middle names but all the Hawaiian themed charts I've found are either too girly or too "vacationy" for what I have in mind. I thought I'd come up with a Hawaiian Alphabet sampler, using Hawaiian animals - assuming I can figure out how to chart some of them before baby is grown and married himself! :-)

I guess I've rambled enough for now. I've also got a tabletopper "due" in April for, hopefully, a combination wedding/house warming gift.

Liz from Humbug