Old June 5th 04, 12:30 AM
CNYstitcher

My DH doesn't drink and wasn't interested in doing anything "silly", and
most of his friends were from work (military or contractor) and married.
The best man had a cookout at his house, and they all retired to the
basement for cigars and poker.

Just talked with DH, and he suggests:
-talking to the host (best man?) to see if there is anything that your
DS needs to bring
-might want to bring box of nice cigars (if they smoke)
-may be asked to contribute to the cost of a keg (if that is the theme
of the party)

Pat in Virginia wrote:
Well, as this thread illustrates, customs vary from place to place. Even
so, I've never heard of gifts given at the bachelor party. In our
circles it is usually a nice event hosted by the groomsmen. The guests
are the groom, the male relatives, and some close male friends. For DS2
the guys had a cook out supper of hot dogs, salads, etc. at a beach,
then played Frisbee and so on. The age range was teen through all the
uncles and dads. No wild drinking, though there may have been some beer
on hand. Certainly no strippers and trashy dancing. Just some family fun.
PAT

KJ wrote:

We have our first family wedding coming up and DS is invited to my
nephew's
bachelor party. Is he expected to bring a gift? It just occurred to me
today that could be a possibility and he would be embarrassed if it
were the
norm and he didn't bring one. Thanks for your advice!