Old November 29th 04, 12:42 PM
Alison in OH

On 2004-11-28 10:10:32 -0500, Lucretia Borgia
said:

Too anal for words? But that's half the fun!

In all honesty, the back of this my first piece is very, very far from
being suitable for public inspection. My back-consciousness usually
boils down to preferring a longer vertical or horizontal carry over a
shorter diagonal one -- but the diagonals win out sometimes too. The
fun comes in when achieving that little thrill of working a handful of
stitches in some awkward order and having them come out with only short
verticals. Mini-Happy-Dance!

-Alison (in OH)

This concentration on the back of the work is preventing you from
moving on and accomplishing more as I read it !

Wha? On day 8 of my newfound stitching pastime, I feel I've
accomplished plenty!

Yikes, if not enjoying the backs would mean accomplishing MORE, I fear
for my knitting time should I ever stop thinking about backs!

Here's my new progress pic, some 5-10 more hours down the line (I'm
terrible with keeping track of time).

http://homepage.mac.com/smileygsd/tempest_15.jpg

-Alison (in OH)