Old May 10th 04, 07:45 PM
Uncle John

Zander wrote in
:

Hi All,

I have just finished installing a kiln in a basement pottery studio
for my wife. I've done the best I can in terms of ventilation, safe
wiring, etc. but I'm still feeling like it's crazy to have a kiln
actually in your house.

I have my kiln in a small room under the house. When I fire it I open the
door and window and this gives me a cross flow for ventilation. I
wouldn't have a gas kiln under or in the house.

It is about 12 inches from the wall and all is working well.When the kiln
is firing I make sure that there is no paper or other combustables
floating around

The majority of the heat coming from the kiln is when it is in its
cooling down stage. I hope to use this cooling down heat this winter by
installing an open and shut grill in the floor above the kin room. This
will warm the front of the house at least once a week when the kiln is
switched off.

John W