Old November 12th 03, 07:36 AM
Peter W. Rowe

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:45:42 GMT, in rec.crafts.jewelry "Patricia A. Swan"
wrote:

Does anyone recognize this and have a copy that they can lay their
hands on easily?

Gosh. I should have that around somewhere, but I'm afraid I'm at a loss to
remember the post you describe. Just not ringing a bell.
but if you can more completely describe what your friend is doing now, and the
problem she's having, I'd be happy to give it another go. And I'm sure others
in the group would also be happy to lend advice, if we had a clearer picture of
just what the problem is.

Is she setting cabs up in the tips of prongs, or down on some sort of
undergallery, or base that's more definitive than seats just cut in the prongs?

If she's cuttng seats in the prongs, what tool(s) are used to cut the seats, and
how is she shaping them?

How is she then tightening the prongs or bending them over? Any preshaping of
the prong tips before the stone is placed in the seat?

What kind of stones are they? (one can be a lot more forceful with a bunch of
sapphire cabs than one can be with opals...

Peter